Who We Are

Monday, June 1, 2009

Coming Home

When it was just Hank and I we took comfort in those moments where jealousy would come up in the fact that no matter what we would be coming home to one another. That no matter what that was solid and secure that we would be old together and in that we had stability. Since it's been all of us things have gotten a bit more complicated but we are doing what we can to keep that in mind when our others want to go off. I've gone through it a bit here and there not so much with Hank as we've been through this and I have no doubt that we're as solid as solid can be. But Steven, well he's different it's been just under a year that we've been together and it being so new I'm still working on finding my path with the jealousy i feel with him. In the beginning he was seeing someone and that ended up ending because Suzy and I had issues with her not wanting to hang out with us and in the long run they weren't all that compatible so that was that. There was another almost woman but just as I was on the verge of really figuring out my emotions with it it ended. Now there's another woman who happens to be an old friend of mine. I know for a fact that it'll never go much further than a good friendship with benefits due to extenuating circumstances...she's working on her doctorate at a school in another state. She's not one for long relationships and well she just has a very busy life.Hank pointed out that Steven is the perfect summer fling as he's not going to run off or get too attached to her. But there's still that voice in the back of my head that wonders, is he going to fall madly in love and fly off? He told me last night that he loves me and that I'm his family and that we'll be together for the rest of our lives and I have to trust that I have to believe that he will always come home to us just as I have that unwavering belief that Hank will always come back. Even in the beginning with Suzy and Steven when things were new and I felt jealousy in relation to Hank and Suzy I never once thought he'd be gone. So that's what I have to learn from this situation that he will always come home. I need to trust that and believe what I live every day that we are able to love those we love for different reasons and that doesn't diminish what we feel for any one individual. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers