Who We Are

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hi I'm Lila!

Hello all, I'm Lila and I'm a member of a poly quad. My primary is Hank and together we have 3 children and have been with each other for ten wonderful years. Hank is the love of my life. He is the one I can say anything to and be anything with. I tend to be a very private person but with him there are no walls. I can be open with him and that's the way it's been from the beginning.

Hank and I met while working at a little bookshop. I had only been there a few days when he introduced himself and I was automatically smitten... He has the most beautiful and expressive face and in it you have no doubt that he gets everything he can out of his experience and lives his life in that way. He was the total opposite of me. I was so closed off and sad when we me. I felt much older than my 24 years. One night I was out drinking with some mutual friends when I went back to Hank's apartment and he was sitting up all hyper after seeing a really great show. We sat up and talked most of the night and went on to be together for the first time. It was beautiful and we were in love... within a month we were living together, and within 6 months I was pregnant with our first child.

We declared from the beginning that monogamy was something we weren't cut out for. Within a month of living together we'd already taken another lover, though it was short lived. It was so nice being with someone that was open and comfortable with my inability to commit myself sexually to the same person for the rest of my life. Up until then I had tried so many times to maintain monogamous relationships, but they always ended in my cheating, my partners getting hurt and my being so sad for causing them that pain. I did love them, but I loved someone else for different reasons. Eventually, having children and building our family took priority over the years, and though we had some short lived affairs here and there, we were very inwardly focused.

We were going along happily when one evening I went to a friends house. She was hanging out with a couple of really nice people so we hung out for a few. I talked to Suzy about craftiness and she gave me a card advertising her business. Steven was shy and barely spoke two words, but I found him to be quite attractive. I didn't think much of it otherwise, just that they were sweet. A week or so later Hank and I were out with our friend and we ended up over at Suzy and Steven's apartment. Steven asked if I wanted a drink, I said sure and followed him to the kitchen. We were talking and at one point we made eye contact for a moment and I felt butterflies. It was so exciting as it had been awhile since that had happened. I was starting to really like this guy... ah... So the night went on from there. Suzy and I talked more on art, she showed me what she had created and we made plans to hang out soon. Hank and I left with little skips in our steps...

We hung out a few more times after that. Once we were hanging out with just Suzy, and at this point she tells us that they're poly as well and that they're trying to figure out what their deal is. Steven was out that evening, seeing someone else, and Suzy was sorting through her feelings about it. This was the first time he'd been away and she was feeling a bit sad, so we sat with her and talked into the wee hours when he came home and we left...

Fast forward a few weeks and we've hung out a few times and are really liking each other's company, when Hank decides to tell them that we are attracted to them. So we set up babysitting and have an awesome evening that leads to yummy breakfast and all of us falling for each other.

It's been stressful and there have been problems and jealousies. But it has been amazing to figure out how to all adapt and build a family together.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers